Professor Schramm is specialized in haemostasis, internal and transfusion medicine. He received his doctor of Medicine in 1970 at the Ludwig-Maximilian-University. Since 1981 Professor Wolfgang Schramm has been head of the department of haemostasis at the university hospital of Munich, one of the biggest haemophilia and thrombosis centres in Germany. Since 1995 until 2011 head of the Dept. of transfusion medicine and haemostasis. He is a lecturer at the University of Munich. He has over 35 years experience in the field of haemostasis and bleeding disorders with a particular focus on haemophilia treatment. As add on to his clinical research he initiated several, patient-outcomes studies, cost-effectiveness evaluation analyses and meetings to enhance optimal use of blood products and clotting factor concentrates at a national and international level.
- Schramm W, Gringeri A,, R. Ljung R, Berger K, Crispin A, Bulllinger M, Giangrande PL., Mackensen von S, Mantovani LG, Nemes L, and Serban M for the ESCHQoL Study Group. Haemophilia in Europe: The ESCHQoL study. Haemophilia in press
- Berger K, Klein HG, Seitz R, Schramm W, Spieser JM. The Wildbad Kreuth initiative: European current practices and recommendations for optimal use of blood components. Biologicals. 2011 May;39(3):189-93.
- Royal S, Schramm W, Berntorp E, Giangrande P, Gringeri A, Ludlam C, Kroner B, Szucs T; for the European haemophilia economics study group. Quality-of-life differences between prophylactic and on-demand factor replacement therapy in European haemophilia patients. Haemophilia. 2002 Jan;8(1):44-50.
- Schramm W, Royal S, Kroner B, Berntorp E, Giangrande P, Ludlam C, Gringeri A, Berger K, Szucs T; for the European haemophilia economic study group.Clinical outcomes and resource utilization associated with haemophilia care in Europe. Haemophilia. 2002 Jan;8(1):33-43.
- Schramm W, Spannagl M, Bauer KA, Rosenberg RD, Birkner B, Linnau Y, Schwarz HP. Treatment of coumarin-induced skin necrosis with a monoclonal antibody purified protein C concentrate. Arch Dermatol. 1993 Jun;129(6):753-6.
- Schramm W, Roggendorf M, Rommel F, Kammerer R, Pohlmann H, Rasshofer R, Gürtler L, Deinhardt F. Prevalence of antibodies to hepatitis C virus (HCV) in haemophiliacs. Blut. 1989 Oct;59(4):390-2.