Physical Health / Joint Function (Formerly Physical Therapy)
Pam has worked at The Hospital for Sick Children since 1978 and in the Hemophilia Comprehensive Care Clinic since 1982.
Co-chair of the Canadian Physiotherapists in Hemophilia Care from 1997-2006. She has volunteered on a number of projects with the Toronto and Central Ontario Region (TCOR) and the Canadian Hemophilia Society (CHS).
Member since its inception (2002) of the IPSG Physiotherapy Expert Working Group and the development of the Hemophilia Joint Health Score (HJHS). Pam has been involved in teaching workshops on musculoskeletal assessment and treatment in hemophilia in Belarus, China and Brazil. Has also given presentations at Physiotherapy sessions in Birmingham, England; Tianjin, China and St. Gallen, Switzerland as well as at World Federation of Hemophilia Congresses. Her involvement in collaborative clinical research projects includes Hemophilia programs in Vellore, India; Utrecht, The Netherlands; Beijing and Guanzhou, China and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- ‘Train-the-Trainer’: an effective and successful model to accelerate training and improve physiotherapy services for persons with haemophilia in China. Chen L, Sun J, Hilliard PE, Zourikian N, Hang M, Blanchette VS, Poon MC, Luke KH. Haemophilia. 2014 May; 20(3): 441-5.
- Chinese Hemophilia Joint Health Score 2.1 Reliability Study. Sun J, Hilliard PE, Feldman BM, Zourikian N, Chen L, Blanchette VS, Luke KH, Poon, MC. Haemophilia. 2014 May; 20(3): 435-40.
- Validation of a new pediatric joint scoring system from the international prophylaxis study group: Validity of the Hemophilia Joint Health Score (HJHS). Feldman BM, Funk SM, Bergstrom BM, Zourikian N, Hillard P, Van der Net J, Engelbert R, Petrini P, van den Berg HM, Manco Johnson MJ. Arthritis Care Res . Vol. 63, No. 2, February 2011, pp 223–230
- Musculoskeletal health of subjects with hemophilia A treated with tailored prophylaxis: Canadian Hemophilia Primary Prophylaxis (CHPS) Study. Hilliard P., Zourikian N., Blanchette V., Chan AK., Elliott B., Israels S., LaferriereN., Nilson J., Poon MC., Van Neste C., Jarock C., Wu JK., McLimont M., Feldman B. Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis Vol.11 Issue 3 Mar. 2013
- Consequences of Delayed Therapy for Sports Related Bleeds in Boys with Mild to Moderate Bleeding Disorders not on Prophylaxis. Kumar R., Stain A.M., Hilliard P., Carcao M. Haemophilia 2013 (1-3)